Sample Non-Teacher/Volunteer Coaching Application Form
This sample form is intended to serve as a guide for stakeholders to create a form that aligns with the policies and procedures in their respective school division/school.
The Non-Teacher/Volunteer Coaching Application Form can be used when interviewing a potential coach in any one of the following situations:
- The applicant is not an administrator or teacher currently employed by the school board.
- The applicant is a teacher employed by the school division but is new to coaching.
- The applicant’s philosophy and/or expertise is unknown.
- The applicant would be coaching a higher-risk sport.
- The applicant is applying for a head coach position.
- The principal or designate decides to formally interview for other reasons.
Record pertinent information on this form and keep on file. Interviewers are encouraged to include additional questions which would be relevant to their schools.
Please list two references associated with previous coaching experience. References listed on this form will be contacted for information with respect to your suitability as a volunteer coach for [insert school board] student athletes.
Criminal record check received:
Orientation session completed: